The Ontario Sign Association (OSA) is seeking interested nominees to stand for election to the Board of Directors. There are 8 Director positions open this year to be filled.
This is a great opportunity to become involved, learn, and expand your contacts. Purpose of the elections is to ensure that the OSA Board is comprised of individuals who possess the skills, qualities and experience to collectively contribute to effective board governance.
We, at the OSA, are dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst our entire industry. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and inclusion within our own operating structure, specifically our board of directors.
We need dedicated individuals to keep the OSA vibrant, relevant and forward looking. Here is your opportunity to help and get involved!
Responsibilities will include:
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the Ontario Sign Association.
- Ability to commit time and resources to serve on the Board and its committees, attend the Annual General Meeting, and represent OSA as requested. (Traditionally the Board meets in person 4 times a year.)
- Working with various teams on important initiatives.
- Helping in the promotion and growth of our Industry Association.
- Communication skills: Be clear, concise and professional.
- Experience in strategic planning and/or establishing organizational goals as well as delivering objectives.
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: business development, marketing - including social media, communications, finance, operations, not-for-profit.
- Experience in and the appreciation for working in a collaborative, respective, and productive way with people having diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
Eligibility for standing is limited to being a member in good standing with the Ontario Sign Association for two (2) complete fiscal years prior to being nominated.
A Director is elected for a term of two (2) years. Each candidate, including previous Board Members whose terms will expire in November 2019, are required to complete the Candidate Nomination Form.
In addition to the nomination form (including a brief bio), each potential candidate must sign a volunteer confidentiality agreement form, and attach it to their completed Nomination form.
Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
If you are interested in joining a synergistic group, please submit your nomination to be added to the ballot for the Board of Directors.
All nominations must be received by the office of the Ontario Sign Association no later than 4pm October 8, 2019.
Karin S. Eaton
Ontario Sign Association
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt of your nomination.